Bioretec’s ActivaScrew™ Interference can be used in various indications. It can be easy inserted along the guide wire (K-wire) and its high strength and stiffness facilitate stable fixation.
Implants have been used worldwide and the track record is excellent (in US MAUDE database no records). The occurrence of potential complications is less than 0.01%.
Benefits of using ActivaScrew™ Interference
Self-Locking SL™ technology* enable ActivaScrew™ Interference to stay in place with improved rotational stability.
The usage of ActivaScrew™ Interference gives surgeon more freedom during the surgery.
*After operation, dimensions of ActivaScrew™ Interference slightly change improving screw’s fit inside the tunnel and thus reducing the risk of an unstable fixation.
Image: Wide selection of different sizes.
|Image: Center driven torx driver for optimal insertion.|
- Antrior Criciate Ligament (ACL) Reconstruction.
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Reconstruction.
- Medial Patellofemoral Ligament (MPFL) Reconstruction.
Foot and ankle
- Lateral Ankle Reconstruction.
- Flexor Digitorum Longus Tendon Transfer.
- Flexor Hallucis Longus Tendon Transfer-Achilles Tendon.
- Medial Collateral Ligament Reconstruction.
- Lateral Collateral Ligament Reconstruction.
- Biceps Tenodesis.
- Thumb Caprometacarpal Ligament Reconstruction.
ActivaScrew™ Interference gives an excellent fixation enabling bone to maintain its own strength.
ActivaScrew™ Interference is made of PLGA** and biodegrades in the body safely and in a controlled manner within approximately two years.
Self-Locking™ technology - the diameter of the implant expand. *
** PLGA - poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid), optimal combination with a long history of safe medical use and the degradation by hydrolysis into alpha-hydroxy acids that are metabolized by the body.
ActivaScrew™ Interference is FDA cleared and CE approved.
Optimal insertion with center driven torx driver
The following video demonstrates the usage of ActivaScrew™ Interference.
ActivaScrew™ Interference is available in diameters 4-10 mm and lengths 10-33 mm.