ActivaPin™ and ActivaNail™
Bioretec’s ActivaPin™ is ideal for fixation of fractures and osteotomies in upper and lower extremities.
ActivaNail™ offers additional support with its small head.
Benefits of using ActivaPin™ and ActivaNail™
Self-Locking SL™ technology and grooved surface design enable pins and nails to stay in place with improved rotational stability. Just choose a suitable pin or nail and tap it quickly into place with Bioretec pin applicator.
The usage of ActivaPin™ gives surgeon more freedom during the surgery.
After insertion scissors, reciprocating saw or a hot wire can be used
to cut the ActivaPin™ if needed.
| Image: ActivaPin™ cross section
|| Image: Material memory effect.
Dimensional changes in human body conditions: diameter will increase and length will decrease 1-2% compared to the initial dimensions. *
|Image: ActivaPin™ Applicator - Unique tip keeps
pin place without risk of dropping pin during the insertion.
|Image: Packaging, instrument and implant design enables aseptic and easy use in surgical procedure.|
- Ankle fractures.
- Talar fracture.
- Calcaneal fractures.
- Hallux valgus surgery.
- Femoral head fractures.
- Femoral condylar intra-articular fractures.
- Patellar fractures.
- Distal clavicular fracture.
- Glenoid rim fractures.
- Proximal humeral neck fractures.
- Epiphyseolytic fractures in upper limb in children.
- Intra-articular fractures of humeral capitellum through the articular surface.
- Lateral humeral condyle fractures.
- Medial humeral condyle or epicondyle fractures.
- Olecranon fractures.
- Radial head fractures.
- Distal radial fractures.
- Hand fractures.
Benefits of using ActivaPin™ or ActivaNail™ in fixation of radial head fractures:
- Great benefit of direct transarticular fixation of radial neck or head.
- No protruding implants at the joint surfaces.
- Far less invasive than plate fixation.
- No K-wires through the skin.
- Can be inserted fully arthroscopically.
ActivaPin™ gives an excellent fixation enabling bone to maintain its own strength.
ActivaPin™ is made of PLGA** and biodegrades in the body safely and in a controlled manner within approximately two years.
Self-Locking™ technology - the diameter of the implant expand. *
** PLGA - poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid), optimal combination with a long history of safe medical use and the degradation by hydrolysis into alpha-hydroxy acids that are metabolized by the body.
ActivaPin™ and ActivaNail™ are FDA cleared and CE approved.
Ideal for hammertoe fixation
The following video demonstrates the usage of ActivaPin™ in hammertoe fixation.
ActivaPin™ is available in diameters 1.5, 2.0, 2.7 and 3.2 mm and lengths 20 – 70 mm.
ActivaNail™ is available in diameter 1.5 and lengths 10-30 mm and diameter 2.0 and lengths 15-30 mm.